Monday, March 1, 2021

More Miscellaneous: hand brake, fuel tank, light delete, clutch master, wires and tubes


This week has been more of the same, tying up loose ends. I finally got around to cleaning up the hand brake cable and gear. It is back on the car.

I didn't want to drop the fuel tank, but I noticed a little corrosion around the edge.

Glad I did, but it really wasn't too bad, but now we know. The tank itself is not original and is in very good shape.

Paint it black, and put it back.

I finally felt like doing some more welding and got rid of the side markers on the rear.

I was missing the gasket/seal between the heater and the firewall. Sprayed with adhesive, getting tacky, then installed, awesome!

Test fitting the charcoal canister, looks good, fits good. This is pretty much the entire emissions system on the car.

I realized I never pulled apart the clutch master cylinder. It looks good but I went ahead and ordered new seals anyway.

I tackled one of my nightmare tasks, putting the tubes and wires back into the under car loom, it wasn't quite as bad as I feared, but it was a pain.

Fuel tank went back on, just a couple touch ups required on the tank itself, not just a shameless plug for my home built BELM, that is battery electric lawn mower. Now on to the task I have really been putting off, the body work. Now I am doing the final fitting of the fenders so I know they will bolt right up with the new paint applied. It might be a month before I have much to show, but we shall see.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment