Saturday, February 20, 2021

Miscellaneous: engine bay, heater, trunk

 

The first items bolted into the freshly painted engine bay. I thought the nicely spruced up brass brake manifold would be a nice way to set off the shinny bay.

Getting the heater parts assembled, waiting for the firewall seal before installation.

The fresh air vent reinstalled. Because this car does not have the 74 dash with vents, I blocked off the upper vent holes with metal and a gasket, instead of the laminate flooring material I found under there when I took it apart. For reals, that happened.

Cleaning up more of the under carriage. In better shape than I expected. I had to do some MGEXP.com research to find out that the beige color was the original primer used. What now? Paint (POR-15) it black!

The trunk. A few odd jobs here too. Had to free up the seized breather line for one. Also, I know the truck should be body colored, but the PO, I guess, put waxoyl in there and used it to hold in the carpet, as can be seen where the orange shows through. I do not feel like taking off the waxoyl, especially since I can get a carpet kit for $115. Por-15 on the bottom with carpet over, that is how it will be, forever and ever, amen. This is all very tedious, but I am really just stalling before I start the body paint work.

No comments:

Post a Comment