Thursday, April 15, 2021

Paint: Base and Clear

 

No, I am not painting my car with blood. The car was Blaze, which is a red shade of orange, but when I ordered the BLVC16 color code for painting the engine bay, I didn't like the color, it seemed to have a slight bit of blue in it. Fine for the engine bay but that wasn't what I wanted to see every day so I went to Sherwin Williams automotive paint and picked out the color by eye, comparing it to the hood of the car.


I hung the doors and boot and bonnet lids to ensure I could paint all the gutters and sills on the car easier.

This is what the color looks like on the car, more orange. I like it! This is just base, or color, no clear coat yet. 
Finally here are are with two coats of clear on everything. Everything turned out perfect, except the hood, the part I really wanted to be perfect, it got a huge run. Maybe perfect is a bit overstating things, there are dust nibs to take care of, but not a lot, this is normal. The hood can be corrected too, it will probably take a whole day though. More to come on the final finish. 
 

 Here is a nice shot of the boot lid that shows the depth of shine. This is less than 24 hours from spraying so it is not even set enough to start color sanding or buffing.

 




 

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment