Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Deploy The Heat Shield

 

Next, filling in the largest areas possible with a single piece of insulation to reduce seams. 
Eventually you get here. I didn't worry about the inner door sills, not a lot of heat transfer from there, plus too much bulk will make it harder to fit the seats. 

And the back.

I also had to reconstruct the aft bulkhead panel with some new wood and pleather, and thought why not add some insulation there too, so that went on before the cover. Yea, I had to iron in my garage, my wife looked at me a little strange as I headed out of the house with it.  

Looks perfect. Carpet is next.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I'm about to do the same job in my GT. Did you cut narrow strips to go in the valleys between the ridges so that it would all be level under the carpet? Or does it makes that much difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Athelas, no, I did not cut strips for the floor. Most of it still had the original sound deadening so that was not an issue, but even without I do not think it would be needed. If you use a foam backed foil it is very flexible and will conform to a bare floor. Make sure it is well sealed though to prevent future corrosion. I had POR-15 on anything that looked suspect. Good luck, and thanks for your interest.

    ReplyDelete